?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

My dramatic weekend update

Weekends are way too short to spend two hours digging a fecal plug out of a guinea pig's butt.

OMG THE STINK.

And I didn't even succeed.

~fin~

Comments

( 8 comments — Leave a comment )
roane
Jul. 15th, 2007 02:25 am (UTC)
Just imagine how the poor guinea pig felt. ;)
merriehaskell
Jul. 15th, 2007 03:52 am (UTC)
About 98% of the time, he barely seemed to notice. The other 2% of the time, high-pitched squealing.
iuliamentis
Jul. 15th, 2007 03:03 am (UTC)
FECES FTW!

I mean, ack, how awful for both you *and* the guinea pig. (this is why sensible people have hamsters instead)
merriehaskell
Jul. 15th, 2007 03:53 am (UTC)
Yeah. Or girl guinea pigs, who don't have this problem.
wbledbetter
Jul. 15th, 2007 03:34 am (UTC)
Ack! I think I would have just had a dead guinea pig!

-Bill
merriehaskell
Jul. 15th, 2007 03:53 am (UTC)
We're not out of the woods yet, but well. There's been some loosening, anyway.
captainblack
Jul. 15th, 2007 05:09 am (UTC)
Poor little guy! : (

Is there some food additive that would increase fiber in his diet and prevent this sort of thing?

We feed our cats Libby pumpkin.
merriehaskell
Jul. 16th, 2007 02:16 am (UTC)
Well, it's sort of created by too much looseness, if you know what I mean. It's not actually his poo, but the pellets that need to be re-eaten to be fully digested. Too many "good" foods (ie, fresh veggies, the ones with the nutrients but also the ones with all the cellulose) and not enough hay and pet store pellets, I guess. Supposedly. Possibly also too much fruit.

So.

Anyway, my efforts have at least allowed a release of the pressure valve, so to speak. We may have to go to the vet to get the thing fully removed. Or develop a lot more patience and get our noses cauterized.

( 8 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

April 2015
S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow